Are you concerned your child is not developing at the expected rate?
Do you feel like there are barriers stopping your child to reach their full potential?
Here at Creating Change we address the barriers that may be hindering your child in reaching their full potential. We believe in working together with you, your child and other professionals to overcome these obstacles.
Why would your child need a Psychological Assessment?
• To identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses to guide learning and decision making
• To measure your child’s ability level in a range of areas including oral language, reading level, comprehension and fluency, written expression, mathematical ability and fluency
• Obtain detailed results and recommendations to support your applications for funding with school, Centrelink or the NDIS
At Creating Change we will assess your child’s language, motor, cognitive, social and adaptive behaviour functions, to ensure we have identified any delays.
What Assessment does my child need?
Standard Cognitive Assessment
Used to determine a child’s learning capability by identifying their strengths and weaknesses.
Comprehensive Academic Assessment
Used to measure a child’s ability level in a range of areas including oral language, reading level, comprehension and fluency, written expression, mathematical ability and fluency.
What can I expect from an Assessment at Creating Change?
• Detailed feedback and recommendations from a Clinical Psychologist
• A comprehensive report including diagnosis to assist in the application of funding for support, programs or payments
• Clarifying the needs of your child including developmental delays
• Identifying and enhancing your child’s strengths
• Change in capacity following a traumatic brain injury or brain surgery
• Targeted interventions and behaviour management plans for teachers, teachers aids and caregivers including routines, homework plans and discipline approaches
• Direction on the consultation and additional services required such as speech therapy, occupational therapy, physiotherapy etc.
Our team create a calm and safe environment, ensuring you have a comfortable experience.
We promise you will leave Creating Change well informed, and feeling confident of your child’s future pathway.
Download your take home copy here.